I’ve been writing about the bugs in Quicken for years and I’ve been complaining to Inuit about it. For many of the bugs, they refuse to acknowledge they exist. For others they simply don’t care. Don’t expect any of these to be fixed… ever.
Here’s a short list of bugs and problems I’ve experienced with Quicken 2016 in just the first couple of days of use:
- Linking bills to online crashes 100% of the time on first attempt of each bill.
- App hangs with high CPU% when trying to update online transactions frequently (not all the time). Must forcibly kill app.
- I canceled a repeating online payment. It will never send the instruction and complains that I have a pending instruction to send every time I exit the app (pictured).
- No audio (happened before the upgrade and still no sound).
- Every time you contact support, they claim your file is corrupt and want you to do a file repair, which never fixes the problem, though that, itself, is both a customer service problem and a serious bug that their software continuously corrupts the data file. This has been a problem for at least a decade (possibly more).
- Redraw routines are incredibly inefficient with too many redraws happening — readily apparent and a problem when remoting in to your PC. Also a problem when moving the app window around the desktop. It’s very choppy.
- Non standard text entries — When you click in it, it auto-selects the text. This has been a problem for decades. They seem to think it’s a feature, but to power Windows users, it ALWAYS interferes with our way of doing things. It’s impossible to get used to it because 99% of all other apps do it right (by not doing this).
Thank you for sharing this article. See the image below?
You’ll find actual working versions of them at the top and bottom of this article. Please click the appropriate buttons in it to let your friends know about this article.